diumenge, 20 de novembre del 2011

A FILM: THELMA AND LOUISE.


THELMA & LOUISE


<<    State Trooper: Please, I have kids and wife!



Thelma: Oh really? well, you're lucky! You be sweet to them, especially your wife. My husband wasn't sweet to me. Look how I turned out.     >>


A history of Thelma,a woman with a sexist and abusive husband and her friend Louise, a woman who she spends all the hours of her life.
Louise decides to make a car trip with Thelma to visit old friends of the high school at their home. But they don't know that this trip will be much more than that:
A journey to know themselves, to open eyes, to realize they deserve better just because they are WOMEN.

They will never return to their homes.


I was waiting so long to watch this movie: I try to find it in the shops, but sees that they think it's a movie too old and not very interesting to have it for sale.
And after seeing it, makes me realize (even more) that the world hasn't changed since then. And if we continue like this, will never change. Never.

And that's sad. And there will be more of Thelma and Louise that we set:
Women seeking a freedom not found in a society that is against their rights.

This is the first time I cried in a movie.... Still not wanting.
I think everyone should watch this film and realize the harsh reality.
Because it is very crude and cruel.

I wish I could explain what I felt when I saw the movie, but I prefer that you see it with your own eyes.


OPEN YOUR EYES





Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada