dijous, 15 de setembre del 2011

YOUR-SAY(1): Why "HALLELUJAH LOCK AND LOAD"?


I'm sure that you don't understand why I've chosen a title like this for MySpace.

I'm a My Chemical Romance's big fan, a band from New Jersey that recently has 10 years of musical career.
I feel indentified (especially) with one of their albums, called: Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge.
That album it's very special. I think it have a lot of emotional strengh.
It's more than a typical album: there aren't meaningless songs.
Their songs on this album express the strengh of a man, the anger spirit, the human's weakness and at the same time, the resistance to the problems of life.

The main theme of the album is REVENGE.
The album express a story about two lovers and their problems with the law and the people inside this mad world. They are criminals, and escape from the authority.
The man wants revenge on the men who harmed her lover.

That's the story.

But I always think that music is a kind of art. So, for me, art is subjective.
And each person interprets the songs according to their personality and their way of seeing the world.

This quote: "Hallelujah, lock and load" is from the song Thank you for the venom.
That quote express that the character has a locked and loaded gun on him, ready to be fired at any time. You can interpret the quote literally.
But for me, this is a great metaphor.

Everyone have a locked and loaded gun. And me, too.
I want to use it to fight, defend and move on with my life.




ENJOY!

My Chemical Romance - Thank you for the venom



by: Helena

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada